Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fun memory #16: Dying brown chicken eggs


Just included this to show how nicely brown eggs can turn out when dyed. I thought it would be no use, but a friend here told me that you could dye brown eggs and that they just turned out to have a richer, warmer color. So, the next year we tried it, and I thought they turned out really pretty! The dye kit came from the states (keep it in your freezer). I just assumed that since we did not have white chicken eggs, it would not work, but I was wrong. So here's a sample for those of you who are considering dying brown eggs for next year and haven't done it before. This year we incorporated these into an Easter program, and the local kids who found these enjoyed them MUCH more than the plastic ones I had brought from the states and filled with candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment